At a press briefing on Friday in Lagos, the Minister of Health Prof. Chukwu Onyebuchi confirmed to reporters that there are two new cases of the Ebola infection in Lagos.
It now brings the number of cases recorded to nine. Onyebuchi also said that apart from the two fresh cases, there are also six suspected cases.
“The total number of cases, as of this morning, (Friday) stands at nine out of which eight are Nigerians and one American-Liberian.
Out of the nine confirmed cases, seven are alive and are receiving treatment In Lagos.” he said.
The health minister also noted that the death rate in Nigeria so far from the virus is between 30 to 26% percent, while it is 65% in other West African countries.
“I am saying this to enlighten people that having Ebola does not mean you have been condemned to death, survivors have been recorded.” he said.
He also confirmed that 139 individuals have been placed under surveillance.